Wednesday 5 November 2014

Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red

During half term I went to London with a friend to see the poppies.  It is a truly amazing display - unlike anything I have seen or felt before.

My friend and I spent the entire day walking round the "installation" (she has a bad back, and I have a dodgy foot, so we weren't very speedy!)  It was so warm we were able to stop and eat lunch outside, overlooking the river.  We also enjoyed tea and cake outside.  Who would have thought that would be possible in October!

I'll let the photos do the talking.

x












8 comments:

  1. Amazing photos, and what a stunning piece of art. I'm glad you had such a good day, I hope your foot is doing well. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Your photos actually show the poppies so much better than I've seen them shown on the television - fantastic.
    Would love to see them in the 'real' x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, I went a couple of weeks ago amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter went a week or so ago, I would love to have gone. Those pictures look amazing, what a sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah, I've seen lots of photos of this touching and stunning art now, but yours are the best. You have really captured some amazing images. I'm glad to hear your foot is slowly getting back to normal'.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh ! thanks for sharing this great moment of art and those beautiful shots ! Take care and have a lovely day !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although I haven't been to see them in person, it has been so moving to see so many people sharing these over the last few months on their blogs. To see the numbers of poppies growing has been amazing. Your close up pictures are particularly special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have so loved to get to London to see the installation, but getting to see the brilliant photographs taken by those who did go is making up for missing them.

    ReplyDelete