Sunday 15 June 2014

Catching up ...

Hi

I hope you have all had a good weekend.  Another busy one for us - but in a good way, not an overwhelming way.

On Saturday morning, I did the essential chores, and then sat down to do some crochet outside.  It wasn't that sunny, but very pleasant all the same.  I really wanted to find some quiet time to make this project.  It's not something I would usually do - but I had agreed to make a key ring for Matt.  Why - you may (or may not) be wondering!  My son is a wonderful, trustworthy, reliable and sensible lad - except with keys.  At almost 17 we have stopped giving him a key to let himself in, as invariably it gets lost.  However, with GCSEs and not really having a strict schedule, it has been easier to let him have a key.  But when I saw it fall out of his school bag, yet again, I decided it needed to be attached to something obvious.  And the obvious answer was a crochet key ring.  He quite liked the idea of a dinosaur, but I couldn't find anything suitable, so we went for a penguin.  It is rather cute - if I say so myself.  Albeit it was fiddly to make - hence I wanted to sit outside in natural light without any distractions.




Saturday afternoon was spend watching cricket.  A very civilised pastime - chatting away with friends.  The bat worked well again, and the sun shone.




My dad is away on holiday today, so I haven't been able to see him for Father's Day, but I shall catch up with him later this week, when he is home.

Mark took his dad out for a round of golf, but Matt wanted to stay and revise for his exams tomorrow, Biology and Further Maths.  Matt and I had a lovely lunch of scampi and chips in the conservatory, watching the farmer turn the hay.




Then there was a little bit of time for some crochet, and Playstation for Matt before going to school for a concert he was playing in - Music for a Summers Evening.  



The last time they pupils play together this school year, as some move on to University, and I think it's a nice way to spend Father's Day evening.




I've then driven to Benenden,in Kent, ready for my hospital appointment tomorrow.  Fingers crossed I finally find out what is wrong with my foot.

Wishing everyone a great week.

Sara
x



2 comments:

  1. It looks like a nice weekend, Sara. The keyring is really cute, I hope this will help him. He sounds so much like my son, as I imagine he will be when he is older.

    ReplyDelete