Saturday 11 January 2014

Brighton

As I said,  last weekend we celebrated Mark's 50th Birthday.  We spent last Saturday with friends and our siblings in Brighton.  We met in the afternoon at a hotel for a slice of birthday cake and later more friends joined us for supper.

It went brilliantly - if I do say so myself.  Mark's organising paid off.  It was a little bit of a worry that friends were coming from different parts of our life, but everyone got on really well, and it was so nice of people to write and email to say how much they had enjoyed themselves, and particularly when they had not known each other beforehand.

Here are a few photos of the occasion.

 An uncanny likeness I think! :)
Having fun with a friend.
It rained all of Saturday, but Sunday morning was beautiful.


I love living in the country, but there is something glorious about waking up be the sea.





5 comments:

  1. Great cake! Yes, the likeness is uncanny!! Did Mark keep the little man off the cake? You look lovely in the picture of you by the way, a lovely cheery happy friendly kind person!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy - we have kept the man off the cake :) To put with the flowers off our wedding cake (albeit they are a little faded now after 25 years), Matt's Christening cake decoration, and the decoration off my sisters wedding cake!
      I even quite like the photo of me and Linda - a friend a laugh with a lot! x

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to your hubby Sarah.
    So glad you had a happy time with special friends.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake is awesome! You did a great job with it. I'm glad he had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! I just love Brighton, it's one of my favourite places in the world. Happy Birthday to your husband, it sounds like you all had a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete