Thursday 19 December 2013

A Winter's Day Walk

The first day of the holidays, and whilst last night was blowing a gale and raining so hard, today has been beautiful.  Cold and bright.  The best sort of Winter's days.
A friend who I met all those years ago at ante-natal classes, and I had arranged to meet for lunch, so we were able to go for a walk too.

We met at Wakehurst Place.  Matt took charge of the camera - you need to bribe 16 year old boys to walk with their mums!  I think he did a good job, and it's nice to see what he noticed along the way.















Back to wind and rain now - and the forecast says it's staying stormy now.  Thank goodness we were able to get out and enjoy the day.

Night x




3 comments:

  1. He's a good photographer! That looks like a beautiful place for a walk. I think it's really nice that you've stayed in touch with her, what an important thing to always have in common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt did a great job with the photos! I especially like the bird ones and in particular the robin! Basically I love the robin pic!! Happy Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt did a good job - he captured those birds well and I imagine they were tricky to photograph. I've never been to Wakehurst Place but it looks beautiful. I love the fact that you're still in touch with an antenatal friend, that's great. x

    ReplyDelete