Tuesday 1 October 2013

Yarndale Weekend

I seem to be very late posting my Yarndale experience!

Coming all the way up from Sussex, my friend and I decided to make a weekend of it.  I think I will spread this over 3 posts - I took a lot of photos.

We had a great time.  It felt like a mini holiday.  I was a little concerned that driving such a huge distance, we might feel rushed and tired, but it was the opposite.  I came home feeling as if I'd had a real break.  The people of Skipton are lovely and friendly, I can't wait to go back.

We left home on Friday at 9.30 am.  The journey was quite easy - lots of boring miles on the motorway, but a couple of stops to swap drivers (Claire did the majority of the driving - thank you) and drink tea, coffee and eat a prawn sandwich helped.

We had decided that rather than go straight to the hotel, we would stop at Salts Mill, having seen posts from Lucy here and Heather here.  

We weren't disappointed, and ate great cake at the end of a long journey.  We spent a couple of hours here - can you believe the blue skies?  What a great way to start our break.





Then we went on to Shipley to find our hotel.  We had chosen to stay at the Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel so that we could use our Tesco vouchers to try and keep the cost of our break reasonable.

I think we did very well!  Obviously after such a long journey we needed to try the jacuzzi - essential to aid relaxation!  A lovely meal and a glass of wine followed (we did get dressed first!).  Then we sat in the hotel lounge with some crochet - we were off to Yarndale after all.

The weather was still being kind to us in the morning.  No sleeping in - breakfast then off to Yarndale!  :)




What a good job we didn't hang around.  We got to Yarndale just before 10am - before it opened, and thankfully got a parking space.  There weren't many left!  We had already decided to visit the Studio before coming back to Yarndale - this turned out to be a great decision.

Off to wait for the bus to take us into Skipton.


Well done if you've got this far!  Part 2 to follow tomorrow.

I'm off to do some crochet now.  I'm desperately trying to avoid starting to play with some of the goodies I bought - I must finish the ripple first!

x





3 comments:

  1. It's really fun to see Yarndale through so many different bloggers' eyes. How nice to make a whole trip of it and visit other attractions in the area. I've always enjoyed reading about Salts' Mill on the other blogs. Looking forward to your next installment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a long way up from Sussex - but it was worth it - many of my friends went and we all agreed it was brilliant - looking forward to the rest of your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great girly weekend, your hotel looks really nice. I'm looking forward to reading the next installment, I don't live too far away from Skipton but had to miss Yarndale as my son was moving to uni last weekend. I'm hoping I can make it next year if it's on again.

    ReplyDelete