Sunday 9 June 2013

Cricket

There has been a lot of cricket this weekend.

I was concerned on Friday that we might get sunburnt.  I need not have worried.  Frostbite was more of an issue!

Saturday we watched Matt play at Canterbury.  After almost 2 hours in the car, the sun had disappeared behind thick grey cloud and the wind was blowing.  Hard.  I have never heard the wind whistle through the sight screens during a cricket match.  To be honest, I could live without hearing it again.  It was very cold!

Obviously, Kings at Canterbury is a very important school.  Firstly, we were treated to the Red Arrows!




The photos aren't great, but as I wasn't expecting the see them, it was a bit of a rush with the camera.  I was worried that I would totally miss them.

Then a steam train went past.


Oh - and the cricket was a very close and exciting game.
Our boys won, with 2 balls to spare!!

Good job as we didn't get home til after 9pm.  I had to cook a quick supper then and prepare for todays match.  
Nothing exciting to report there - just the odd dog and boy playing football nearby.  

Hope you've all had a good weekend.
x

2 comments:

  1. It was so cold on Saturday. The wind whistled across the fields in Preston too. We missed the Red Arrows though...maybe next time.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - were you nearby? We came from Mid- Sussex, where the sun was shining - so the wind and the red arrows were a surprise. x

    ReplyDelete