Sunday 10 March 2013

Mothers Day

I've had a lovely day. My son bought me a dozen creme eggs and a CD. He knows me well!!
Then it was off to watch him play rugby in the Sussex U15 team. Goodness it was freezing but not so muddy as the last match. Thank Goodness. I don't think my washing machine would have coped with a repeat of that.
A nice family meal and some time to crochet.
A few flowers for my Easter project - although I'm not sure I'm happy with the direction it's taking. I might need to reassess.
But my ripple is coming along nicely.
I'm now sitting in bed, just finishing off another stripe.
I wonder how the others are doing at the Ripple Along here.



13 comments:

  1. Surfing ripple blankets through Mel's blog and saw yours. I Just wanted to say I love the colors of your blanket. It reminds me of summer, here in the States....kind of our flag colors (July 4th holiday) and kind of nautical colors. I really like it.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy. I need to be remined of Summer. It's snowing here. :(

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you were spoilt on mother's day, how lovely.

    Your ripple blanket is coming along nicely. I really want to start a huge one for my bed but I need to save up for the yarn first.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a bit of an expensive hobby! I'm using Rico cotton which is really lovely. It is quite heavy, the colours rich, and a nice sheen to the yarn. It does split a bit though - like most cottons I guess. x

      Delete
  3. I am impressed by your progress. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your use of wide and narrow bands and your colour selection is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this - great colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous, love your colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you. Slow progress this week as we have builders in repairing a ceiling.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What stunning nautical colours! You are lucky to have your blanket to snuggle under as you make it :)

    ReplyDelete