Wednesday 13 February 2013

More cards and a wedding present

Evening

It's turned really cold here again, and there was definitely some white stuff coming from the sky a little earlier.  :(

I have made this card for my nephew who becomes a teenager next week.  Where did the time go?!

I followed the Sketchy Colors sketch and would like to enter it into their Challenge 150.

I also made an envelope to co-ordinate to put his voucher in.  I know as the children get older they prefer vouchers or cash, but I still like them to have something pretty to open on their birthday!  I wonder if they mind, or if it's more for me?


We are off to a friends wedding on Saturday.  I can't wait.  I can't remember the last time we went to a wedding.  I wish them every happiness for the future together.

I made this card.
I saw something similar on a hero arts blog.

Our friends have asked us just to take photos rather than give them presents, but I couldn't rest making them a little gift - one of Lucy at Attic24 door hangers.  Perfect for the occasion, I think.
And I made a box to wrap everything.
Off to do some crochet now - the ripple edging is taking me a while, but I am getting there.
Photos to follow - but I'm not quite sure when!

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Sara x




3 comments:

  1. This was a very cool card! I loved the stamp and you have colored it beautifully!
    Thank you for joining the Sketchy Colors Challenge - and good luck!
    Have fun at the wedding :-) I love the weddingpresent you've made too! :-)

    Hugs, Mette DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your cards are fabulous, and what a unique wedding gift. You've obviously put so much thought and care into it and I'm sure the happy couple will love it.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete