Friday 22 February 2013

Half Term

I can't believe that Half Term is almost over.  It has literally whizzed by!

We haven't done too much (as I wasn't sure how much homework Matt would get, as he is now heading towards GCSE's).  He didn't have too much, and managed to get it all done on one day.  So we've not had to rush around in the mornings and can potter around.  We have been out every day, despite it getting colder as the week has gone on!  Met up with friends, eaten too much cake.  It's been fun!

Yesterday we met up with friends and went for a walk along the seafront at Ferring.  A blustery, lovely walk.  And then we had lunch in the cafe.  A fresh chicken and bacon panini, and shared chips.  It tasted fantastic, but maybe we had worked up an appetite!

 It was lovely to see horses cantering along the beach too.  I'd love to do that!  It must have felt wonderful riding along the sand with the wind in your face.  Truly invigorating.


I finally finished by ripple!!!!!  Well the ripple was finished a while ago, but I struggled with the edging.
Yet again Lucy at Attic 24 came to the rescue, not that she knew it!
I struggled with colour choice and stitch choice, but I got there in the end.  I'm really rather pleased.  In fact, so pleased, it is currently living on the chair by the front door so my visitors can admire it when they come in!  I think I might make a cushion to match too.  Although the blanket is destined to keep me warm as I watch Matt play cricket.

From here in the summer


To the finished item! :)

It measures about 3ft by 5ft.  I definitely got side-tracked along the way!

My son has asked my to make a ripple for him - but would like it slightly bigger.
I am going to play along with here, with One Crafty Mumma.  Hopefully it means I will complete the project a bit more quickly, but not too quick!!!

I'll try and take some photos of the colours and yarns we've chosen.
Isn't it nice that a 6ft tall, rugby mad teenager, wants his mum to crochet him a blanket?

Have a good weekend.  I'm learning to "Colour without Lines" tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to the class, but slightly apprehensive that it could all go horribly wrong!  I quite like thick black lines when I'm colouring images for my cards!  I might share the results tomorrow.

Sara x

No comments:

Post a Comment